A while ago I switched from Tweetdeck to TwitHive for all my desktop Twitter usage. It has a lot of advantages, like being completely web-based so you can take your lists/groups with you, and you don't have to install anything to use it. However, recently I've noticed more and more that TwitHive isn't picking up all @replies, which is sort of a deal breaker. This is apparently due to a bug in the Twitter search API, but knowing that doesn't really help me.
I've been using Dabr as my mobile Twitter client for a long time, and it's awesome. Rock solid, (mildly) customisable and constantly being improved. I often wish that Dabr would put together a multi-column web-based client aimed at desktop users. In the mean time, I've decided to hack (and really, I mean hack) something together. So, here it is in all its glory:
<html> <head> <title>Twitter</title> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300"> </head> <body> </body> </html>
The design and implementation took literally as long as typing the text... not a lot of thought or polish here folks! The main trick is to log into Dabr in one column then refresh the page. Obviously you'll need to change the hard-coded 'column' contents to be whatever you want. And you could probably do a lot to make it look nicer, if you could be bothered.